what size air compressor is the best for sandblasting?
The best size air compressor for sandblasting depends on the size of your sandblast nozzle. Listed below are the specifications on what size nozzle should be used with the size air compressor;
- Nozzle 1/8″ 100 psi 21 cfm
- Nozzle 3/16″ 100 psi 45 cfm
- Nozzle 1/4″ 100 psi 80 cfm’
- Nozzle 5/16″ 100 psi 142 cfm
- Nozzle 3/8″ 100 psi 200 cfm
These specifications are based on sandblasting pressure pots usage and may vary depending on the size blast hose and air hose you are using. It is always the best rule to have more air when sandblasting than less to maintain a constant pressure at the nozzle to maximise your efficiency.